Summer Arrives to Montage Laguna Beach with Special Culinary Experiences to Savor Through the Sunny Season
Laguna Beach, Calif. (June 8, 2023) – As summer begins across Southern California, it is already cooking at Montage Laguna Beach as the flagship Montage Hotels & Resorts property readies special seasonal culinary experiences for resort guests and locals to savor June to September. This summer’s culinary lineup at the cliffside resort includes the highly anticipated return of signature pop-up Talay brought to life by Bangkok-born Montage Los Cabos chef, Marc Narongchai, an Italian pop-up from the property’s food & beverage team serving handmade pizzas, and new guest offers from beach picnics and s’mores beneath the setting sun, to rotating cocktail carts by Mosaic Pool.
- Taste of Talay – For the second year, Studio Garden will transform into Talay, the signature Thai street food experience at Montage Los Cabos. Led by chef Marc Narongchai, who was named “Best New Chef” of 2020 by Food & Wine En Español, Talay will serve up a multisensory experience with laid-back beats curated by the chef to set a lively mood, and a menu filled with fire-grilled favorites, and cocktails infused with Southeast Asian flavors. Signature dishes such as Charcoal Grilled Satay Chicken, Thai Ceviche, Khao Soi Spicy Crab Noodles and Gaeng Kau Lobster Curry will return to the menu along with new flavors like Deep Fried Whole Fish with spicy and sweet chili sauce, kaffir lime and Thai basil. Open Tuesday to Sunday, June 27 – Sept. 6 | 5:00pm – 9:30pm. Reservations are available by calling (855) 493-2480 or through Open Table beginning June 13th.
- Cal-Zone – Swapping Southeast Asia for Southern Europe, Montage Laguna Beach’s newest culinary pop-up will bring Italy to its Life Force Lawn. Overlooking the Pacific Ocean, the approachable dining concept will transport guests to the Amalfi coast with rustic picnic tables shaded under white and yellow umbrellas and accented with lemon trees. Created by the resort’s culinary team, Cal-Zone will offer authentic temptations, serving a variety of handmade pizzas such as Funghi Misti Bianca with fontina, taleggio, thyme and sage, including a signature Margherita Calzone with Mozzarella di Bufala, tomato and basil, and extra virgin olive oil, all cooked in an outdoor pizza oven – a focal point of the al-fresco dining experience. A seasonal salad, Brioche Gelato Panini, and more to round out the menu. Available Thursday to Monday | July 1 – September 4 | 12:00pm – 5:00pm | Seating first come, first served.
- Sunset & Tableside S’mores – The favorite fireside snack will be presented two ways through summer at Montage Laguna Beach. Every evening, the resort’s enhanced s’mores cart stocked with house-made cherry and cookies & cream marshmallows, along with classic chocolate options of milk chocolate sea salt, dark chocolate raspberry, and milk chocolate will roam Aliso Lawn for guests to roast their creations over outdoor firepits while relaxing on comfortable lounges. The resort will also bring smores to guests’ dessert menus with the debut of tableside s’mores at Mosaic Bar & Grille, complete with a petite roaster and all of the accouterments for enjoyment by sweet-toothed tables of up to four. Sunset S’mores are complimentary for resort guests; tableside s’mores will be served at Mosaic Bar & Grille from 5:00pm – 9:00pm daily.
- Seaside Sips – Sip on sunshine by the glass with this new afternoon activation set alongside the sparkling Mosaic Pool. Cool down with elevated cocktail pop-ups from boozy popsicles in a rainbow of flavors to aperitifs like an Aperol Spritz bar, plus bubbly on wheels from a Veuve Clicquot Champagne cart, and canned cocktails created by the resort’s mixologists in a variety of flavors including Mai Tai, Paloma, Spicy Mango, Pineapple Mezcal Margarita and Blood Orange Margarita. Resort guests only; available on weekends, 12:00pm – 4:00pm; Now to Labor Day.
- Beach Picnics for Two – Simple pleasures have their ways, and nothing soothes while bringing back memories like a picnic on the beach. All summer long, resort guests can order beach picnic baskets curated for two to enjoy on the sand or anywhere around the property. Expect the best-loved picnic staples – and more – prepared to order, including antipasto, choice of sandwiches, side salad, dessert, and a drink. $120 per picnic basket; available Now to Labor Day for hotel guests; available for pre-order at Mosaic Bar & Grille.Alcohol is not included, as it cannot be consumed or served at the beach.
About Montage Laguna Beach
Montage Laguna Beach is set on a coastal bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean in the heart of the vibrant arts community of Laguna Beach, California. The 260-room craftsman-style resort offers 30 acres of oceanfront luxury featuring beachfront accommodations and 23 privately owned Montage Residences. The expansive resort includes a 20,000-sq. ft. Spa Montage; destination dining amongst three restaurants, including signature restaurant, The Loft; Montage’s signature children’s program, Paintbox; a wealth of outdoor recreation including two pools and direct beach access; a fine art collection; and more than 20,000-sq. ft. of indoor and outdoor meeting space. Montage Laguna Beach is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts’ worldwide collection. For more information, follow @montagelaguna or visit www.montage.com/lagunabeach.
About Montage Hotels & Resorts
Montage Hotels & Resorts is the ultra-luxury hospitality management company founded by Alan J. Fuerstman. Designed to serve the affluent and discerning traveler and homeowner, the company features an artistic collection of distinctive hotels, resorts, and residences. Each Montage property offers comfortable elegance, a unique sense of place and spirit, impeccable hospitality and memorable culinary, spa and lifestyle experiences. The portfolio of hotels, resorts and residences includes: Montage Laguna Beach, Montage Deer Valley, Montage Kapalua Bay, Montage Palmetto Bluff, Montage Los Cabos, Montage Healdsburg, and Montage Big Sky. Opening in 2024 is Montage La Quinta and Montage Cay. Montage Hotels & Resorts is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts. For more information, follow @montagehotels or visit www.montage.com.